When we joined our two lives and households it was necessary to expand and
renovate the 1867 Historic landmark one-room school house.
We wanted to create a place which embodied a spirit of openness and generosity.
We also felt a profound need to connect the interior to the outside. Further,
we felt a need to preserve the tradition of the original house.
Published: Philadelphia Inquirer Magazine, May 13, 2001.